- 10 oz toasted grated almond
- 9 oz self raising flour
- 12 oz sugar
- 2 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 1 grated lemon rind
- 1 grated orange rind
- a pinch of cinnamon
- a pinch of ground cloves
- 1 tablespoon orange blossom water (“Ilma Żahar”)
- Water to make dough.
- Sift the self raising flour in a bowl,
- add sugar, cinnamon, cloves, almonds,
- orange blossom water, lemon and orange rinds.
- Pour enough water to make a stiff dough.
- Form dough into rectangular shapes,
- 7 ins long, 2 ins wide and 1 ins thick.
- Place on greased and flour baking trays.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until slightly golden brown.
- While still hot, brush with honey and sprinkle with chopped almonds.
- When cold “kwarezimal” is cut into oblong shapes and served with tea or coffee.
- 1 teaspoon honey to brush tops
- Chopped toasted almonds.
By Cilia Products